Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It Could Have Been Worse!


Steph went to get the kids in Lubbock today and I stayed home to clean up some more from the storm. As I was taking a little break I sat down to watch the news and the story about folks in Iowa came on. They are losing everything. So as I start to feel a little mad, sad, and sorry for myself....I realized...WOW...we are so lucky. It could have been much worse.

We did get good news today....the adjuster will be here tomorrow. So we will be able to finally start putting the pieces back together after we find out their report. Right now Steph and I are staying in Kaitlyn's room. We will put the kids in Caden's room. Our bedroom is just a mess.
The carpet is making our house smell like an armpit. We are a bit concerned about the glass in the carpet in the living room. We will have a shoes on at all time rule. As soon as we get a green light on removal we will rip it up and have hard wood floors. The only problem is particle board floors are not quite what Steph had in mind.

I do find it interesting that I decided to start a blog about being positive one day, then get hit by a tornado the next. I think that someone wants me to put my money where my mouth is.

No comments: