Sunday, November 30, 2008

Just Kill Something!


Strange post title I know. But you know me...always out hunting. Today was no different. We went to church...and after I loaded up and headed to the ranch in Claude. My little girl is so funny. She has started doing like I did as a child. Running to find out if I got anything as soon as I come in the door. When I tell her no the disappointment on her face is priceless. The excitement was classic a week ago when her Pa got a deer.

Today as I tell her, Caden, and Colt goodbye she tells me with a bit of an attitude...."Daddy, just kill something." Her confidence in me is starting to slow. Well I didn't kill anything with a gun...but sure T-boned a deer coming home with my truck(only minor damage thank goodness).

So there you go Kaitlyn...daddy did as you said!

2 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Oh, bummer. I think that is what I'm getting Rich for his birthday (18th) and Christmas is a grill guard. He drives back and forth to Wellington and out around Memphis that I just know one day he's going to hit a deer and tear up his front end. Glad it was only minor damage! And I'm sure it was worth it to see Kaitlin's smile! :)

Marci said...

Sorry, you had to kill it with your pickup. Just glad it wasn't too bad.