Friday, April 10, 2009

Equity in Schools!

I haven't posted in a while...but this post is very important. As most of my friends know I have been very involved in the legislative process this session. The main reason is school finance. There is a bill in the House (1555) and Senate(982) that will dramatically increase funding to our school here in Childress. It is critical that these bills pass. Of course there is some opposition, however we still have no commitment from our own Rep or Senator in our district. I created this video yesterday with the help of some awesome teachers, principals, and most of all kids. It really tells our story. Please take the 5 minutes to watch...and then share this video with as many people as you can. Also..CALL our representatives and tell them that you support these bills. The bottom line is OUR KIDS ARE WORTH IT!

3 comments:

Belinda said...

I was so moved by your post. The video was awesome. I am with you.

Marci said...

Awesome video!! Loved it!!

Ginger Wilson said...

You did a great job producing it! I took one picture showing you filming, so when you become the next Steven Speilberg, then I can sell it on eBay! :) Great job and thanks for all you do to help our kids!