I seem to sometimes focus on things in my life that I can't control. I am sure that most humans tend to do this. We have all asked from time to time why? Wow what a question. In the school business you hear this question a lot. The crazy thing is that it comes from both sides. Why can't we, why did you, etc. On my jog today I thought about the magical word why.
So let's talk about why. Why do we do the things that we do? Why do we choose to not change things in our life, especially when we are the ones in control? No matter what path you choose in life, at times it can be difficult. The best way to get through it (and keep smiling in the process) is to be clear on your "whys". Why did you start doing what you're doing? Why are you still doing what you're doing? And why should you keep doing what you're doing? Be honest with yourself. There's a lot of power in your answers.
1. Take a few minutes alone in a quiet room.
2. Honestly answer the 3 "why" questions above (this can be a good exercise even if you think you already know the answers - new ideas show up all the time).
3. Use your answers to get clearer on your purpose.
4. Reconnect with that purpose everyday.
5. Repeat this exercise regularly.