Saturday, July 5, 2008

Competing Against Myself


I turned in a personal best Saturday. I ran my fastest 5k yet, 23:10. It is funny that winning in these races doesn't matter.....it is competing against myself! When you sit back and think about our daily lives we do this a lot. We compete against ourselves. I truly believe that self motivation is what leads to personal success.

I didn't get that statement from someone who is a so called expert. I truly believe it, and it is so simple! So are you self motivated? If your not these might be the reasons.
  • Lack of confidence - If you don’t believe you can succeed, what’s the point in trying?
  • Lack of focus - If you don’t know what you want, do you really want anything?
  • Lack of direction - If you don’t know what to do, how can you be motivated to do it?
Confidence, focus, direction.....seems pretty simple. So why do we struggle to self motivate? Out of those three words I believe that direction is the most important. So many people simply don't know what they want in their life. They stumble around from one thing to another...and really are not happy with anything. (jobs, relationships, diets, etc)

My wish for you today is simple. I hope that you find what it takes to be self motivated. My motivation lately is to be healthy. I will take my competition against myself further than ever next Saturday as I run the Palo Duro Canyon 15K....that is 9 miles....and the last two are all up hill! If I put confidence, focus, and direction all together on that day I know that I will be successful. Good luck in the daily competition against yourself!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you TOBY TUCKER! I just don't want to ever run against you.lol...You have come along way since that first race at 29 mins. Keep up the good work and I'll see you in Boston next year...JK

Amy said...

Great Job, Toby!! Jason and I are looking forward to next weekend!! How about you??

P.S. I am highly offended that I still have NOT been added to your link list. :(

JUST KIDDING!!

TREY MORGAN said...

Dude, you look fast even standing still in that picture!!!

:)